Introducing the MAREVA Green Journey!
Planting a tree upon course completion represents a potent and symbolic gesture
The Certificate in Maritime Business, abbreviated as MAREVA, requires participants to fulfill the commitment of planting a tree upon the completion of their course. Encouraging learners to engage in tree planting upon course completion can signify various aspects, contingent upon the context and intentions driving this gesture:
- Symbolizing Growth and Learning: Trees are frequently employed as symbols of development, knowledge, and sagacity. The act of planting a tree after concluding their studies embodies the concept that education is an ongoing journey. Similar to how a tree matures and thrives over time, so too does the knowledge and personal development of MAREVA participants.
- Giving Back to the Community: We perceive tree planting as a means for these individuals to contribute to their community or alma mater. It provides a tangible and enduring approach to make a positive impact on the environment where they reside.
- Promoting Sustainability Education: We view tree planting as an educational tool that imparts the importance of trees in addressing climate change, generating oxygen, fostering biodiversity, and delivering other ecological advantages. It represents a hands-on approach to instill environmental consciousness.
- Demonstrating Environmental Responsibility: Encouraging participants to plant a tree symbolizes their commitment to environmental sustainability and responsibility. It underscores their awareness of the significance of safeguarding the planet and making constructive contributions to the environment.
- Marking a Rite of Passage: We perceive tree planting as a rite of passage that signifies the transition from the student phase to the next stage of life. It stands as a meaningful and memorable experience for women who have successfully completed the course.
- Representing Personal Growth and Reflection: Planting a tree can also serve as a personal symbol of growth and contemplation for each individual. It embodies a fresh beginning and establishes a connection with the natural world.
- Establishing a Long-Term Legacy: Trees have the potential to thrive for many years, even spanning decades or centuries. By engaging in tree planting, MAREVA participants can create a long-lasting legacy that continues to benefit future generations.
In conclusion, instructing MAREVA participants to plant a tree upon course completion represents a potent and symbolic gesture. It encompasses themes of environmental stewardship, personal growth, and community involvement. This encourages learners to extend their perspectives beyond their immediate academic endeavors and contemplate their role in a broader societal and environmental context.
Leopoldine, a member of the MAREVA CLASS 2022-2023, planted a tree at JFN University. Now, both institutions, World Maritime Academy and JFN University, collaborate to promote excellence and a greener world for the well-being of their students.
Leopoldine LIKAK- BOSSECK
MAREVA CLASS 2022-2023
“𝐈𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐝𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐦𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐚 𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐥𝐢𝐞 𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐨𝐧, 𝐭𝐨 𝐞𝐧𝐣𝐨𝐲 𝐢𝐭𝐬 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐝𝐞 𝐝𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐚𝐠𝐞” 𝐁𝐞𝐫𝐧𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐃𝐀𝐃𝐈𝐄
As part of my training at the World Maritime Academy , we were asked to plant a tree .It was real pleasure for me to take part last Saturday September 9, to promote 𝗘𝗻𝘃𝗶𝗿𝗼𝗻𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗮𝗹 𝗟𝗶𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗮𝗰𝘆 for a world in sustainable ecological transition .
I thank JFN University which advocates Excellency and a GREEN World for the well-being of their learners, who agreed to receive us in carrying out this Civic Action
A special thank to #Rivercleanup and #APREMA associations for the perfect organization and their commitment to the preservation of biodiversity and their concern to leave a healthy world for future generations. #Combretaceae #terminaliamamantaly